Here are some of our new books from this month that are available to be checked out:
- Cuyahoga by Pete Beatty
- The Coast to Coast Murders by James Patterson
- Three Women Disappear by James Patterson
- Shakeup (in Large Print) by Stuart Woods
- The Relevators by Ace Atkins
- A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik
- The Last Days of John Lennon by James Patterson
- Barack Before Obama: Life Before the Presidency by David Katz
- A Promised Land (in Large Print) by Barack Obama
- Over the Top: A Raw Journey to Self-Love by Jonathan Van Ness
- Forgiving What You Can’t Forget: Discover How to Move On, Make Peace With Painful Memories, and Create a Life That’s Beautiful Again by Lysa TerKeurst
- World of Wonders: in Praise of Fireflies, Whale Sharks, and Other Astonishments by Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- Mini Amigurumi Animals by Sarah Abbondio
- Dolly Parton: Songteller, My Life in Lyrics by Dolly Parton
Book drop pickup is available during the following hours:
Monday and Tuesday 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, Wednesday 9:30 am – 6:00 pm, Friday 9:30 am – 3:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (excluding holidays).
Please remember to put all library materials in the book drop. All material will be checked in after they have gone through quarantine period. You may receive an overdue notice, please disregard.
Staff is on-site and can be contacted at 860-487-4420 or 959-210-8556 or firstname.lastname@example.org during those hours. You can also reserve books on the online catalog at https://babcock.biblio.org/eg/opac/home
Our online collections and services will continue to be available 24/7.
If you would like a library card to access our online services please call the library.
Please visit the library’s Facebook page for more information and updates.
We will resume in-person services when public health conditions permit.
We have new Activity Kits!
Each Activity Kit comes with a literacy component that assists children with distinguishing between letters, words, and sentences, a comprehension section which asks questions about the book, a Science component from what is learned in the book, an art and crafts activity, math where children are encouraged to use items in the book to learn to count or add/subtract, physical play activity, and many have cooking activities as well.
Please call the library (860-487-4420 or 959-210-8556) or go online to reserve your Activity Kit:
1. Seals on the Bus
2. Mouse Paint
3. The Cow That Went Oink
4. In the Tall, Tall Grass
5. Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs
6. From Caterpillar to Butterfly
7. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
8. Silly Sally
9. Pete the Cat; I Love My White Shoes
10. No, David!
11. I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
12. The Jacket I Wear in the Snow