Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Babcock Library will be closed until at least November 30 for all services. Please keep any ornaments you have from the Giving Tree, as someone will be monitoring that.
Due to the rapidly increasing COVID-19 positivity rate and high community transmission, the Babcock Library will be temporarily suspending in-person services inside the library effective immediately.
Curbside pickup will continue to be available during the following hours:
Mon, Tue, Fri 9-2:30, Wed 9-6:30, and Sat 10-1:30 (excluding holidays).
Staff will be on-site and can be contacted at 860-487-4420 or 959-210-8556 or firstname.lastname@example.org during those hours.
Our online collections and services will continue to be available 24/7.
If you would like a library card to access our online services please call the library.
Please visit Babcock Library’s website at https://babcocklibrary.org/ or the library’s Facebook page for more information and updates.
We will resume in-person services when public health conditions permit.
The Giving Tree in our Lobby and our Hat and Mitten tree are still up and accepting donations. Please call or e-mail us to find out about what is on the tree or to arrange a donation drop-off time.
Ornaments still on tree: If there is an item on this list you would like to get, please let us know and we will continually update the list.
- Boy 7: Shirts 10/12
- Boy 9: Sneakers Size 3 Youth
- Boy 8:Sweatpants 12/14
- Boy 6 months: Pacifier & toy
- Boy 1:Pull-ups 4T-6T
- Girl 12:Hat
- Stop & Shop Gift Card
- Boy 18 months: Diapers size6 & toys
- Girl 17:Art Supplies
- Gift Card Walmart
- Socks any size
- Shampoo Gift Set
- Little Pets Shop
- Boy 18 months: Toys
- Girl 10-year-old: Coloring Book
- Boy 6 months:9-12 months clothing
- R.L. Stine Fear Street Books
- Girl 13: Clothes, women’s 16
- Girl 15:Hair brush set
- Boy 6 moths: Snowsuit 9-12 months
- Girl 13:Amazon Gift Card
- Coloring Books
- Girl 11: Magnetic Beads
- Girl 6: Board Games
- Legos x5 boys and girls
- Girl 17: Nail Care Kit
- Girl 17: Joanne Fabric Gift Card
- Kohl’s Gift Card
- Socks Women’s Sizes
- Boy 6:Shrek Toys
- Boy 8:Science Toys
- Boy 8:Minecraft Stuff
- Stop and Shop Gift Card
- Girl 13:Slipper Socks
- Cookie Decorating Kits
- Girl 17: Women’s size 16 clothes
- Girl 17: Amazon Gift Card
- Girl 13: Gift card for clothes and shoes
- Girl 13:Clothes women’s size 6
- Girl 18:Kohl’s gift card
We have new Activity Kits!
Each Activity Kit comes with a literacy component that assists children with distinguishing between letters, words, and sentences, a comprehension section which asks questions about the book, a Science component from what is learned in the book, an art and crafts activity, math where children are encouraged to use items in the book to learn to count or add/subtract, physical play activity, and many have cooking activities as well.
Please call the library (860-487-4420 or 959-210-8556) or go online to reserve your Activity Kit:
1. Seals on the Bus
2. Mouse Paint
3. The Cow That Went Oink
4. In the Tall, Tall Grass
5. Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs
6. From Caterpillar to Butterfly
7. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
8. Silly Sally
9. Pete the Cat; I Love My White Shoes
10. No, David!
11. I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
12. The Jacket I Wear in the Snow
The Babcock Library is now open to the public as well as continuing to offer a book drop pick up service.
Our hours are Monday 10-3, Wednesday 10-7, Friday 10-3 and Saturday 10-2; these hours are subject to change. Please remember that no one is allowed in the building without a mask and there are no public restrooms. You must call and reserve a time to use the computers.
Please observe the full set of guidelines that are listed below:
• Proper face covering is required to enter the building; there will be no exceptions to this rule. Anyone 2 years old and over must wear a face covering, that covers their mouth and nose. If you are unable to wear a face covering you can call the library and we will bring your items out to you.
• All library material MUST be returned to the outside book drop.
• Restrooms are not available at this time.
• Seating isn’t available at this time, except when using the computer.
• To use a computer, you must call the library and schedule a time period.
• Children’s computers are not available.
• The copier and fax machine are available with staff assistance.
• No food or drinks in the library.
• Four patrons in the building at a time.
• Family members are limited to 2 at a time.
• Book drop pick up is still available for anyone during library hours, and is available on Tuesdays when the library is closed to the public.
• We have a new way to pick up library requests which will be explained when you come in.
• At this time there are no in person programs. No tutoring space is available.
• During this time, some of our collection may not be available for circulation.
• Please remember not to approach library staff outside the building without a mask on.
• Most important: if you are sick, or believe you may have been exposed to Covid-19, please stay home.
Call the library at 860-487-4420 or 959-210-8556 for more information and to book an appointment. $5 donation to library requested.
We are excited to offer you a new service called Wowbrary! Please sign up to receive a weekly newsletter about the newest books, movies, and music at the Babcock Library by clicking here.